Wow… I woke up at 2:30pm today. I must have been way behind on my sleep.
Anyway, some people keep hounding me over what I’d been looking for, for Christmas. Well, in an effort to make this possible, I stopped buying things for myself this month, and instead added it to a list I will now share with you. I’m almost done with Christmas shopping for other people, so this post should result in all Christmas-related details being finished. Yay!
In no particular order:
- Drill Bits. Lately I’ve seen a lot of huge 100-piece or greater sets of drill bits and cutters available at Farm and Fleet for around $20. This would definitely be an improvement over my current 8-bit set that is rusty and dull.
- Resturant Gift Certificates. Outback, Texas Roadhouse, anywhere really. Everyone knows I never turn down free food.
- PQI Thumb Drive. These are easily the smallest thumb-drives made. I’ve been meaning to buy a 512mb model, which can be had for around $45, probably less if I spent all day on Froogle.
- Fire Safe. I finally got around to getting a filing cabinet, but for things like the deed to my house, I’d like a fire-safe. Thankfully, they’re fairly inexpensive, if a bit heavy.
- Sealab 2021. Hilarious series, really. I have season one already, so seasons two or three would be awesome.
- Aqua Teen Hunger Force. Another great series by Cartoon Network, and again, I already have season one. Even if you don’t get this for me, you should watch it yourself. Sometimes I doubt they could make it any more random, and I love random!
- Previet Vodka. I don’t drink much at all, but I’ve read enough to get the prevailing opinion on various good brands. Previet means a very informal “hello” in Russian, and I know I’ve seen this brand in the local Liquor store. Manufactured by the Russian company Kristall, this is their economic grade swill that gets exported here, yet is easily higher quality than Absolut and Skyy. Some day, I plan on trying their highest graded vodka from their export page, just to see how it compares.
- Books. I’ve been meaning to get any of the books in Neal Stephenson’s Baroque Cycle for a while, but I want the hardbacks, and until recently, my reading list has been rather full. The new illustrated version of The Da Vinci Code looks intriguing.
I may revise this list later… I had something else I was going to add, but I forgot what it was. Oops! Anyway, hope this helps!